Monday, April 09, 2018

Kid free time is town these days

It has been such a cool time capsule experience to read some of my old blog posts from about a decade ago and remember how life was then, it's made me want blog more about our current days.

There were a few great months last year when I rode my bike back and to preschool in the mornings. From July last year until around November I had the mornings at home to myself. Being at home was time to get everything done in the kitchen and on the computer. Pre kids I used to ride all the time so it was fun to be able to do it again. And so so great to be at home without the kids for a couple of hours, cooking dinner was much quicker. Then in the afternoons we sometimes had people over or went to visit friends.

Since we moved there isn't really enough time to come back home while the kids are at preschool. Kind of frustrating, but it turns out I still can have some time to myself, just not cooking dinner- but we seem to have survived.  Some days I go food shopping or other errands, sometimes I see friends or do stuff with books and online (not much internet at home). There are a few friends who I only had spent time with on playdates before, but since moving I've met up with them in town sans kids for breakfast or a walk (a walk along the river!! I love living in Siem Reap!!I missed walking in my first years here in PP).

Weekday afternoon playdates have become much less of a feature since we moved. We used to visit or be visited weekly, but living a bit further out that can't happen. We haven't had expat kids over yet, and we mostly only go out to play on Saturdays now. So I haven't seen friends for awhile.. hopefully soon! There are a few leaving Cambodia in June, hoping for at least one more playdate.

No comments: